Thursday 29 August 2013

Child in The Market

In the area like Crawford Market where thousands of people come to sell or buy the product, I had seen something different. In that market where the product was a child and owner was his father. I saw that the child was sitting on the wheel chair with his father. His father was begging. The child was about 14 years old and seemed like he had gone to school. When I ask the question relating to responsibility like
1) What do you think, doing the work at your age is your responsibility to take care of your family?                                        
2)  What is your parents’ responsibility?                                           
3)What do u mean by responsibility?
The child answered, “My responsibility is to beg to fulfil my stomach and my family.” he told me that his parents’ responsibility was to take care of him and they do that by providing him a wheel chair. He also told me that for him responsibility means to earn money for his family and for him.
I wonder how are the guardians of this child who just think that providing a wheel chair was their responsibility and tell him to beg? The most shocking part for me is that in that market, people are seeing that child as a product by giving him money just because he was begging.

No comments:

Post a Comment